Good art – especially independent art – doesn’t just happen. Host Garret Godfrey explores some of the best ways we all can be more supportive of faith-based independent music, including interviews and the latest crowdfunding campaigns.
* Echoing Green – Violent Whispers
* Five Iron Frenzy
* Brothers and Sisters
* Matthew David Montgomery – Psalms for Singing
———— OTHER CAMPAIGNS —————
* Stryper – Even the Devil Believes – https://stores.portmerch.com/stryper/
* Bethany Bordeaux – Hymns from Home – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bethanybordeaux/hymns-from-home
* Jac Thompson – debut album – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jacthompson/jac-thompsons-debut-record
* Joel Vaughn – Songs of Hope – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joelvaughnmusic/joel-vaughn-songs-of-hope
* Thomas Austin (Anderson) – EP – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thomasaustin/thomas-austin-records-an-ep
———- OTHER CREDITS ———–
* Host/Producer – Garret Godfrey
* Executive Producer – Dave Trout
* SPONSOR1: Yellowhammer Hymns – https://is.gd/yhhymns
* SPONSOR2: Paul Demer – https://is.gd/pddownsp
* SongRx Daily Email – signup at https://utrmedia.org
* Twitter – https://twitter.com/goodpatron
* Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/crowdfundingchristianmusic
* Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Grammy-winning songwriter and producer Phil Madeira joins us for an exclusive interview, and Garret features the latest crowdfunding campaigns.
———- SPOTLIGHT CAMPAIGN ———
* Phil Madeira – Hornet’s Nest
————— OTHER CAMPAIGNS —————
* Kris & Becca Redus – Be The Village – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krisandbecca/be-the-village
* Gregg Hart – Intricately Woven – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midiboy/intricately-woven
* Olly Knight – You Hold The World / Lockdown LP – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ollyknight/you-hold-the-world-lockdown-lp-by-olly-knight
* Countryside Community Church – He Must Be All – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/522887781/he-must-be-everything-countrysides-worship-album
* Freedom City Worship – Jericho – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/freedomcityworship/jericho
—————- CREDITS —————
* Host/Producer – Garret Godfrey
* Executive Producer – Dave Trout
* Phil Madeira’s Website – http://philmadeira.net
* Sign up for SongRx at https://utrmedia.org
* Thanks to these special contributors
– More Than a Song – https://michellenezat.com/podcast-2/
– Between You and Me – https://www.jessicamorris.net/betweenyouandmepod
– Overflow: Beyond the Music – http://theoverflow.com/podcasts/beyond-the-music
– The Eclectic Podcast – http://podcasteclectic.com/
– Jesus Freak Hideout – https://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/
We bring you a couple of new crowdfunding campaigns, plus a couple handfuls of additional artists to consider supporting through Patreon.
————– SPOTLIGHT CAMPAIGNS —————
* Steve Bell – Wouldn’t You Love to Know? – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stevebellmusic/wouldnt-you-love-to-know
* Matthew Montgomery – Fingerstyle Hymns – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fingerstylehymns/fingerstyle-hymns-a-collection-of-instrumental-church-songs
——————- PATREON ARTISTS ——————–
* Griffin House – https://www.patreon.com/griffinhouse
* Arthur Alligood – https://www.patreon.com/arthuralligood
* Mike Mains & The Branches – https://www.patreon.com/mikemainsmusic
* Rick Lee James – https://www.patreon.com/rickleejames
* The Psalter Project – https://www.patreon.com/psalterproject
* Royce Lovett – https://www.patreon.com/roycelovett
There are a lot of high-quality music campaigns happening now, and we have a rundown on the best ones to check out. Plus, Garret talks about how concert volunteering can be a tangible support to indie music.
Good music doesn’t just happen – it’s usually born out of a supportive community. We want to help you be a good patron of the artists you love. Garret has a challenge for you, plus learn about active crowdfunding campaigns going on now!
The art of overpaying. Garret continues his conversation with a panel of guests to discuss the artist experience at music festivals, and the support that can be shown through tipping extra at the merchandise table. And a bunch of active crowdfunding campaigns too.
Learn how to stick it to the man and stay in touch with the artists you love. Plus learn about a bunch of active campaigns from Christian artists.
Matthew Parker – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/matthewparkermusic/making-matthew-parkers-cd-daydreamer
* Salt of the Sound – Beyond Here – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bentatlow/new-salt-of-the-sound-album-beyond-here
* The Purple Hulls – Christmas album – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thepurplehulls/the-new-christmas-record-by-the-purple-hulls
* Virtuous – Clarity – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1762135097/clarity-virtuous-new-album
* Latifah Makuyi – 5 song Alternative Worship EP – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1575884534/5-song-alternative-worship-ep-latifah-makuyi
* Todd Wright – 5 song EP – https://www.gofundme.com/zhgyby-new-single
* Andrew Montonera – The Work You Began (Rich Mullins documentary) – https://www.gofundme.com/5trea-the-work-you-began-documentary
* Thi’sl – https://www.gofundme.com/thisl039s-journey-to-recovery
How does this month’s good patron challenge tie in with Delirious & Huey Lewis? Plus get the details on new campaigns from Katie Heckel, Charlie Peacock, Eric Peters, Rick Elias, Andy Gullahorn, & more.
* Charlie Peacock – West Coast Diaries, Vol 2 (vinyl) – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/markallender/charlie-peacock-west-coast-diaries-vol-ii-vinyl-re
* Poor Old Lu – Mindsize – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113730376/reissue-poor-old-lus-mindsize-on-deluxe-cd-and-vin
* Rose – The Masked Monster – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1260509704/new-rose-album-2018-kickstarter-campaign
* Dawn Michele – Surrender – https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/dawnmichelemusic
* Paul Colman – #Protest – https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/paul-colman-protest#/
* S Martin – With You – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001610137/make-music-with-s-martin
* John Callaway – There Is a Season – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/807343749/new-album-there-is-a-season-by-john-callaway-and-f
* Annalisa Nutt – The Longing – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2110247191/annalisas-first-full-length-studio-album-the-longi
* Lust Control – Tiny Little Dots (vinyl re-issue) – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/HMmag/tiny-little-dots-album-on-180g-vinyl
* Rick Elias Gofundme – https://www.gofundme.com/rick-elias-medical-expenses
* Eric Peters Gofundme – https://www.gofundme.com/help-eric-peters-post-burglary
* Andy Gullahorn – Everything As It Should Be – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gullahorn/everything-as-it-should-be
We are back! We’ve got a new “good patron challenge,” spotlight campaign for Brettan Cox, and other faith-based crowdfunding campaigns for artists like JJ Heller, Scott Mulvahill, Moda Spira, L.S.U., & more.
We share ways to show support without spending money and ways to grab some good free music too. Plus current crowdfunding campaigns by Rick Lee James, Andrew Osenga, Jeremy Casella, Susan Ashton, & more.
We interview Molly Neuman, a director at Kickstarter, about how their platform helps to support indie music projects. Plus the latest crowdfunding campaigns by Adam Whipple, Sara Groves, Hannah Miller, & more.
It’s the debut episode of Good Patron! We’ll be exploring ways to be supportive of faith-based independent music. Our spotlight campaign is from Matthew Smith. Plus we interview singer-songwriter Anthony Quails.