Good Patron Podcast
Good art – especially independent art – doesn’t just happen. Host Garret Godfrey explores some of the best ways we all can be more supportive of faith-based independent music, including interviews and the latest crowdfunding campaigns.
———– FIRST HALF CAMPAIGNS ———–
* Spotlight campaign – Water Within – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/waterwithin/the-backwards-kingdom
* PreOrder #1 – HeeSun Lee – Flying Cars EP coming out 3/8/19 – https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/flying-cars-ep/1449228170
* PreOrder #2 – Over the Rhine – Love & Revelation – https://stores.portmerch.com/overtherhine/ – https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-revelation/1446477821
* PreOrder #3 – Demon Hunter preorders for Double Album War & Peace – https://merchconnectioninc.com/collections/demon-hunter – https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/war/1443971274 and https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/peace/1443972370
——– OTHER CAMPAIGNS ———-
* Crystal Lewis – new Jazz/Soul album https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crystallewis/a-brand-new-full-length-album
* Rachel Fort – Houses EP https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/housesep/houses-by-rachel-fort/
* Garrett James – LP2 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/garrettjames/garrett-james-second-full-length-album
* Recreated – Worship project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/recreated/recreated-recording-project
* The Choir – Bloodshot vinyl https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thechoir/the-choirs-bloodshot-album-on-vinyl
* Tourniquet – Vanishing Lessons https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/826349560/tourniquet-vanishing-lessons-25th-anniversary-viny
———– CREDITS ———–
* Host & Producer – Garret Godfrey
* Executive Producer – Dave Trout
* SPONSOR: The Gray Haven’s 2019 Storehouse Tour – http://thegrayhavensmusic.com
* Contest Link: https://s.gd/2019mm
Current campaigns, a look back at 2018, and some thoughts about the current state of music.
* SPOTLIGHT: UTR Media’s Buildathon 2018 – https://utrmedia.org/buildathon2018
* Brian Doerksen Christmas Album: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/briandoerksen/the-heart-of-christmas-brian-doerksen
* Chris Marchand – 12 Days of Christmas: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrismarchand/book-celebrating-the-12-days-of-christmas
* Phil Keaggy and Rex Paul Schnelle – Illumination: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/join-guitar-legend-phil-keaggy-for-his-new-record
* Chris Rodriguez – new album: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/join-chris-rodriguez-for-new-music-coming-soon
* Lovewar – new album: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260601722/lovewar-the-new-release-25-years-later
* Demon Hunter – War & Peace: https://merchconnectioninc.com/collections/demon-hunter
THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR: “Honestly” by Jessica Crawford – http://is.gd/jessicait
Can you really make a challenge with just two words? Plus don’t miss an extended interview with talented singer-songwriter-painter Chris Taylor.
SPOTLIGHT CAMPAIGN – Love Coma
* Citizens – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/citizens/citizens-4th-full-length-album-project
* Leigh Nash – PledgeMusic: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/leigh-nash
* Mike Mains & The Branches – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikemainsmusic/mike-mains-and-the-branches-when-we-were-in-love
* The Classic Crime – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mattmacdonald/the-classic-crimes-6th-full-length-studio-album
* NAMO (aka Asher Peterson) – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/719128080/namo-collaborative-pop-album
* Lowland Hum – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/daniellevigoans/glyphonic-lowland-hums-fourth-album
* David Isaac Rivers – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/993707887/david-isaac-rivers-new-worship-ep
* Syns – Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/syns-new-ep#/
* Full Circle Documentary – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2091638947/full-circle-a-documentary-about-music-passion-frie
Learn how to stick it to the man and stay in touch with the artists you love. Plus learn about a bunch of active campaigns from Christian artists.
Matthew Parker – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/matthewparkermusic/making-matthew-parkers-cd-daydreamer
* Salt of the Sound – Beyond Here – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bentatlow/new-salt-of-the-sound-album-beyond-here
* The Purple Hulls – Christmas album – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thepurplehulls/the-new-christmas-record-by-the-purple-hulls
* Virtuous – Clarity – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1762135097/clarity-virtuous-new-album
* Latifah Makuyi – 5 song Alternative Worship EP – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1575884534/5-song-alternative-worship-ep-latifah-makuyi
* Todd Wright – 5 song EP – https://www.gofundme.com/zhgyby-new-single
* Andrew Montonera – The Work You Began (Rich Mullins documentary) – https://www.gofundme.com/5trea-the-work-you-began-documentary
* Thi’sl – https://www.gofundme.com/thisl039s-journey-to-recovery
How does this month’s good patron challenge tie in with Delirious & Huey Lewis? Plus get the details on new campaigns from Katie Heckel, Charlie Peacock, Eric Peters, Rick Elias, Andy Gullahorn, & more.
* Katie Heckel – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1784145352/katie-heckel-makes-a-new-album
* Charlie Peacock – West Coast Diaries, Vol 2 (vinyl) – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/markallender/charlie-peacock-west-coast-diaries-vol-ii-vinyl-re
* Poor Old Lu – Mindsize – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113730376/reissue-poor-old-lus-mindsize-on-deluxe-cd-and-vin
* Rose – The Masked Monster – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1260509704/new-rose-album-2018-kickstarter-campaign
* Dawn Michele – Surrender – https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/dawnmichelemusic
* Paul Colman – #Protest – https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/paul-colman-protest#/
* S Martin – With You – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001610137/make-music-with-s-martin
* John Callaway – There Is a Season – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/807343749/new-album-there-is-a-season-by-john-callaway-and-f
* Annalisa Nutt – The Longing – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2110247191/annalisas-first-full-length-studio-album-the-longi
* Lust Control – Tiny Little Dots (vinyl re-issue) – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/HMmag/tiny-little-dots-album-on-180g-vinyl
* Rick Elias Gofundme – https://www.gofundme.com/rick-elias-medical-expenses
* Eric Peters Gofundme – https://www.gofundme.com/help-eric-peters-post-burglary
* Andy Gullahorn – Everything As It Should Be – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gullahorn/everything-as-it-should-be
What tweet inspired this month’s Good Patron Challenge? Plus check out current crowdfunding campaigns – including the spotlight campaign by Thembi Joy.
Thembi Joy – Horizon – Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/horizon-album
* A Slim Shadow – In/Out of Time – Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/158530476/in-out-of-time
* Rivers & Robots – Discovery – Preorder: https://riversandrobots.com/merch/
* Russ Taff – I Still Believe [movie] – Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/russ-taff-i-still-believe-the-movie#/
We are back! We’ve got a new “good patron challenge,” spotlight campaign for Brettan Cox, and other faith-based crowdfunding campaigns for artists like JJ Heller, Scott Mulvahill, Moda Spira, L.S.U., & more.
Spotlight campaign – Brettan Cox – Fountain to Fountain
OTHER CAMPAIGNS ON EP.7
* LSU – Wakin’ Up The Dead Vinyl Reissue: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lifesavers/lsu-wakin-up-the-dead-vinyl-cd-digital-reissue
* JJ Heller – I Dream of You Vol 2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jjheller/i-dream-of-you-volume-ii-lullabies-for-all-ages
* Moda Spira: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modaspira/a-new-album-from-moda-spira
* Scott Mulvahill – Himalayas: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1996134577/himalayas-album-launch
* Nathan Storey: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a-new-album-from-nathan-storey#/
* Owen Stroud: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owenstroud/owen-strouds-debut-full-length-record
* David Virgo – Expectant: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165688768/expectant
* Veridia: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/veridia-new-studio-album
* Manafest – Stones Reloaded: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/manafest4
* KJ52 – Insightful Comprehentions reissue & new EP: https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/sonsofintellect
* Chris Tippins – Words: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1468022787/words-a-new-ep-by-c-tippins
Our spotlight campaign is a new album from the wonderful Jess Ray. Plus take our Good Patron Challenge, and keep up on current crowdfunding campaigns for Wild Harbors, VOL, Alter Boys, & more.
Find out what Andrew Osenga, John J Thompson, and Kevin Max said that made Garret pick THIS as the Good Patron Challenge this episode.
Spotlight campaign – Jess Ray – Parallels + Meridians
We share ways to show support without spending money and ways to grab some good free music too. Plus current crowdfunding campaigns by Rick Lee James, Andrew Osenga, Jeremy Casella, Susan Ashton, & more.
We cover current crowdfunding campaigns, including spotlight artist Matt Searles. Plus we talk with UTR Media founder Dave Trout about the Buildathon campaign and a crowdfunding year-in-review.
Our spotlight campaign is for Grammy Award-winner Ashley Cleveland. Take this month’s “Good Patron challenge.” And hear samples from a variety of current crowdfunding campaigns.
We interview Molly Neuman, a director at Kickstarter, about how their platform helps to support indie music projects. Plus the latest crowdfunding campaigns by Adam Whipple, Sara Groves, Hannah Miller, & more.
It’s the debut episode of Good Patron! We’ll be exploring ways to be supportive of faith-based independent music. Our spotlight campaign is from Matthew Smith. Plus we interview singer-songwriter Anthony Quails.